My main research interest is numerical linear algebra and, more specifically:
- Analysis of Toeplitz-like matrices.
- Study of matrix polynomials and design of structure-preserving linearizations.
- Polynomial eigenvalue problems: analysis and solution methods.
- Approximate rank-structures, quasiseparable matrices, and decay properties.
- Efficient method for the solution of large-scale matrix equations.
- Rootfinding methods for scalar polynomials; methods designed for specific classes of polynomials. I worked at the development of MPSolve, one of the fastest numerical package to approximate the roots of polynomials to arbitrary precision.
- Fast methods for study, analysis, and optimization of finite element discretizations of masonry structures.